Dr. Rachel MK Headley and Meg Manke have a goal to positively impact 1 million lives by the end of 2019. Their mission is to change the way business is done; to help foster work environments where people feel satisfied, engaged, and heard.
Self-proclaimed “change people”, Dr. Rachel and Meg use the experience they have in the corporate world to fuel change in as many companies and individuals’ lives as possible. For example, Dr. Rachel and Meg saw a disconnect between organizations offering personality tests to their employees and using what’s learned with these exercises to better value others within the organizations themselves. This idea became the inspiration for their book, iX Leadership, in addition to the training and certification programs they offer to help improve performance, reduce turnover, and consequently change lives.
Whether you’re part of a corporation, have a small team, or are a solo-preneur, this conversation is full of helpful tips and strategies on how to create a work atmosphere that inspires change. “No matter what age you are, you want to feel valued and you want to learn and grow.” I can’t wait for you to hear this conversation; listen to the full episode below!
In this episode, you’ll hear things like:
- How to see “change” as a powerful source of motivation and high performance
- How to adjust to working with a partner after working with a corporate team or on your own
- How to be intentional with your communication with your team
- How to put the knowledge you have into a package people want to pay you for
- How to transition into a life as an entrepreneur from a life in the corporate world
Favorite quotes from Dr. Rachel MK Headley:
- “Once people feel valued and important to their organization, everything changes.”
- “We’re not talking about going to work and having a group hug all day, we’re talking about going to work and kicking ass, but doing it in a way that you feel valued and important to the company.”
- “How do we get our stuff that’s so important and vital into the most companies possible? That’s through the book.”
- “Changing the mind is easy, it’s getting to them that’s our biggest challenge.”
- “You’re more capable than you think you are.”
Favorite quotes from Meg Manke:
- “I have to be cognizant of the fact that everyone doesn’t emote all the time, but transversely, Rachel is working on understanding that it’s necessary to emote sometimes.”
- “It’s a heck of a lot easier if you have a partner.”
- “If you know in your heart you’re an entrepreneur, find someone else, but don’t just find anyone. Find someone you know you can work with, and celebrate the wins with, and have a shoulder to cry on.”
A few questions I ask Dr. Rachel & Meg:
- What stood out about Meg that made you want to work with her?
- What has been the biggest challenge about working with someone you’re very similar to, but also very different in various aspects?
- What are you excited about right now?
- What is one thing you wish you would have known from the beginning, now looking back?
- What is saving your life right now?
For more on Dr. Rachel MK Headley & Meg Manke:
- Buy their book, iX Leadership
- Follow their partnership, Rose Group International, on Facebook, Twitter, and on the site
- Connect with Dr. Rachel MK Headley on Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter, and on her site
- Connect with Meg Manke on Facebook, Instagram, and Linkedin
If you’re a fan of these women and love what they’re creating in the world, would you share this episode on social media?
If you like the show and would like to see what we’re up to week-to-week, sign up to see us in your inbox every other week!
Do you have a suggestion of someone who is standing up to serve their market or their community in a unique way? Send me a note and tell me about them!
Did you like this episode? Pin it on Pinterest!