As if I haven’t already talked about Jamie Gilcrease enough… This woman is incredible. She runs a successful business, she has created a community where people show up for each other and now she is on a journey to help other women find success pursuing their passions! Listen to her episode now!
A few key takeaways:
- Be honest up front, it sets a precedence and allows people to walk away if they are uncomfortable – this can save you some heart burn later.
- Don’t try to make anyone believe you. Just show up, be consistent and people will see your true colors.
- Take care of your customers, show them they are valued and wanted and they will come back.
- It’s not about making a dollar it’s about finding your niche, doing what is needed by the market and what no one else is doing.
- Teach and trust your employees.
- If the numbers aren’t working stop. There is no reason to bang your head on a door that just needs to be opened.
- Some people look at lemons as sour, try instead to look at them as opportunities to grow.
- When things get hard, talk to someone, share your struggles, be vulnerable and lean on the people around you.
Keep an eye out for the book Jamie is working on: The Mud Through my Eyes: The Journey Back Home to Myself.
For more on Jamie and her many business ventures:
Do you have a suggestion of someone that is Standing up to Serve their market or their community in a unique way? Send me a note and tell me about them!
Did you like this episode? Share it on Pinterest!