I don’t have time. I can’t pursue my dreams because I might fail. It’s too late to change. Have you ever said a version of one (or all) of these limiting beliefs to yourself?
In this episode, I chat with Allie Siarto about how she’s learned to reframe limiting beliefs like these and live a life of impact on her own terms.
Allie is a wedding and portrait photographer based in East Lansing, Michigan, podcast host, Rising Tide Society leader and published author. She’s also a mom, wife, and zero-waster who tackles life by experimentation. “If I approach everything as an experiment then I can’t fail.”
Allie shares how you can redefine success for yourself, how to grow a community based on genuine connection (over growing a following on Instagram) and tools you can use to overcome mindset blocks and limiting beliefs. This conversation will inspire you to get started on some thought work! Tune in now!
In this episode, you’ll hear things like:
- How to redefine success for yourself
- How to grow a community based on genuine connection (over growing a following on Instagram)
- How to approach life and work as experimentation
- How and why Allie and her family decided to go zero-waste
- How to make a local impact
- Tools you can use to overcome mindset blocks and limiting beliefs
Favorite quotes from Allie:
- “The flexibility to say, ‘you know what? I’m not going to take work that weekend. I’m not going to take work that week. I’m going to take the week and go spend it doing whatever I want.’ That’s success to me. To have so much flexibility.”
- “Instead of growing a following, I focused on growing my community.”
- “Success is also: if you can align your actions with your values then you’re going to be the most successful person in the world.”
- “Alignment of values and actions totally equals a feeling of success.”
- “It’s scary until you do it.”
- “You just can’t be afraid to be a little bit weird and go against the grain a little bit here and there.”
- “If I approach everything as an experiment then I can’t fail.”
- “Change one thing. If it works, keep doing it. If it doesn’t, go back to the old way or try a new way.”
- “It happens in increments, in little inches. It doesn’t all happen overnight.”
- “Don’t judge yourself by how quickly you get to things. Know that it’s still a work in progress.”
A few questions I ask Allie:
- Who are you in this world?
- How have you learned to navigate new waters?
- What is the biggest thing you’ve had to overcome? (mindset, limiting beliefs, relationships, etc)
- What led you to look at different ways to do things in your business?
- What are you working on now that’s exciting for you?
- What is saving your life right now?
In this episode we reference:
For more on Allie:
If you’re a fan of Allie and love what she’s creating in the world, would you share this episode on social media?
If you like the show and would like to see what we’re up to week-to-week, sign up to see us in your inbox every other week!
Do you have a suggestion of someone who is standing up to serve their market or their community in a unique way? Send me a note and tell me about them!
Did you like this episode? Pin it on Pinterest!